So maybe Midnight Meat Train didn't get the reception that Clive Barker had hoped for, but that hasn't stopped the master of horror from rolling right along with his other projects. A new trailer for Book of Blood (the first in Barker's six part series) has just hit the net. Unfortunately, the trailer has since disappeared from most sites, so if you are curious, I'd advise you to act fast. But the good news is that Dreadcentral.com now has a promo reel for Barker's other adaption from his Books of Blood series, titled, Dread.
So first up is the trailer for Blood, and I have to tell you, it is looking pretty good (not to mention gory) for the horror tale. Blood was the frame story for Barker's original series, and the film will center on "on a paranormal expert who, while investigating a gruesome slaying, finds a house that is at the intersection of "highways" transporting souls to the afterlife." Although, I should warn you that the trailer is a little 'spoilery', so tread carefully. Blood was co-written and directed by John Harrison (Diary of The Dead) and stars Jonas Armstrong as a psychic, and Sophie Ward (who hardcore movie geeks might recognize as the great love of Young Sherlock Holmes) as the paranormal expert.
Next up is Dread, the story of three graduate students who devise an experiment about fear that gets a little out of hand to say the least. The promo reel gives you a few more glimpses of what director Anthony Diblasi (who is also producing the Hellraiser update) has planned (you can also take a look at some official stills here) as well as clips from the film and interviews with Barker, and stars Shaun Evans and Jackson Rathbone (Twilight). Dread is still in production, but Book of Blood is expected to arrive in theaters in 2008 -- although I probably wouldn't hold your breath.
So take a look and sound off below on whether Barker will have better luck with the big screen this time around...
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Most Badass 'Buffy' Moments - POPSUGAR
- Hidden Disney Characters - Mom.me
- The Most Epic 'Glee' Performances of All Time - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailers: 'Leprechaun' - ScreenJunkies
- 10 Amazing Movie-Themed Home Theaters - ScreenCrush
- That Time Shailene Woodley Movie-Dated All Her 'Insurgent' Costars - POPSUGAR
- Historical Celebrity Lookalikes - Mom.me
- HBO's Kurt Cobain Documentary Will Be Release in Theaters - POPSUGAR
- Which 'Taken' Knockoff Is the Best? - Vulture
- Child Stars: Where Are They Now - Mom.me