- The office used to be the perfect prep work for a life of filofaxes, stale coffee, and covert games of freecell. Now it's the perfect training to become one of the Inglorious Bastards. The Hollywood Reporter posts that B.J. Novak is in talks to play one of the soldiers in Quentin Tarantino's long-in-coming film that suddenly got a jolt of caffeine. Should Novak's talks work out, he'll play PFC Utvich, "a soldier of slight build who comes from New York."
- Meryl Streep, meanwhile, is looking to get more romantic comedies under her belt. I guess she's really digging the lighter fare. Variety reports that she is in advanced negotiations to star in an untitled romcom that will place her in a romantic triangle with two men. This project comes from the pen of Nancy Meyers, who has brought us Private Benjamin, Irreconcilable Differences, Father of the Bride, Something's Got to Give, and The Holiday. But who will play the lucky leading men?
- Finally, Max Thieriot has scored the title role in a new sci-fi action film called Prodigy, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Playing a kid named William Cooley, he gets to be "a rebellious student at an elite boarding school producing world leaders with the help of pharmaceuticals. Three days before graduation, several of its alumni are murdered, and William is implicated." The valedictorian begins to investigate the poor kid, and the two become reluctant allies in the fight against the bad guys. Dave Kalstein adapted the story from his own novel, and production is slated to begin in October.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!