CATEGORIES Fandom, Exhibition, Movie Marketing, Comic/Superhero/Geek, ComicCon, Movie News, Comic-Con, Cinematical
Our Comic Con came to a sweet finish last night at the Wrath of Con mega party hosted by folks like IESB, Bloody-Dee and Lakeshore. The roof at the Hard Rock Hotel here in San Diego was packed with writers, celebrities, dancers, rock stars and girls with tape on their boobs. It was a pretty fun night, and since the Crank 2 trailer screened at one point, the whole thing is a write off! While our tired Cinematical crew travels home today, here's a bunch of stuff to keep you busy till we come back tomorrow with the remainder of our coverage, including a very cool interview with James Gunn and our annual "Celebrities Love Weinberg" gallery.
- Disney debuted a teaser thingy for Pixar's Up, which will hit theaters next summer.
- The Terminator: Salvation panel was a blast, McG came out pumped and the extended trailer looked awesome. We'll have more from the panel and our interviews, but a couple things: The next trailer will debut with Quantum of Solace, it's not a definite PG-13 at this time (they have the studio's blessing should it turn into an R-rated affair), the film will end on a cliffhanger, the Con poster is to the right and a model of the T-600 is above, and, finally, watching Yelchin (as a young Kyle Reese) say "Come with me if you want to live" in the trailer gave me goosebumps.
- AICN tells us that Punisher: War Zone director Lexi Alexander has been booted from the film. She didn't show here at Con because she was on her "honeymoon," and she's wrapped up in a non-disclosure which means she ain't talking either. Why can't anyone make a Punisher flick without f**king it up? Is it really that hard to get one right?
- John Campea interviewing the girls from Bitch Slap in their hotel room ... in bed with them ... has to go down as THE interview at Con. Special Cinematical props go out to the entire team from Bitch Slap for marketing the hell out of their film at Con, guerilla-style throughout the entire weekend.
- Sam Raimi told the audience during his Drag Me to Hell panel that he's considering an Evil Dead 4.
- EW has a whole slew of photos from Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.
- Watchmen website now online. I'll be reading this as soon as I get home.
- Moviefone has some great preview and wrap up posts, along with even more galleries.
- Francis Lawrence making prequel to I Am Legend starring Will Smith.
- Who's buying this Heath Ledger as the Joker bobblehead doll?
- Finally, IGN has debuted a red band trailer for Quarantine.