Logic indicates that Part 1 was not included for one simple reason: The sequels are Universal properties, whereas the original Child's Play (currently available on nasty-ass Full-Frame DVD only) is an MGM title. But I didn't offer all this boring background information for no reason: According to Bloody D, a new Child's Play special edition is due for release on September 9. The 20th Anniversary edition will feature two audio commentaries (one with screenwriter Don Mancini and producer David Kirschner, the other with actors Catherine Hicks and Alex Vincent, and FX designer Kevin Yagher), a new "making of " documentary, and a third commentary track with Dourif "in character" as Chucky. Best of all, the flick will arrive wearing a swanky new 16x9 widescreen transfer.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!