The audience awards went to the documentary Lost in the Fog and to Visioneers (which Eric really liked), starring the hilarious Zack Galifianakis. Ano Una took home the La Proxima Ora Jury Prize, which awards excellence in Mexican film. The stunningly attractive shorts jury, which included -- ahem -- me, selected Myna Joseph's Man as our overall winner. Man is a dark and touching portrait of the innocence lost in teenage sexuality. We gave honorable mentions to the beautifully acted tale of suburban infidelity The Fence, to the pretty amazing Hurricane Katrina meditation Glory at Sea, to the funny and creative Jerry Ruis, Shall We Do This?, and to -- my personal favorite -- The Sleuth Incident, a gorgeously shot tale of a teddy bear who goes on an adventure that ends in bloodshed. It can be hard to locate short films, and I'm guilty of not having sought them out much in the past, but all of these are well worth hunting down. Salute your shorts!
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!