The audience awards went to the documentary Lost in the Fog and to Visioneers (which Eric really liked), starring the hilarious Zack Galifianakis. Ano Una took home the La Proxima Ora Jury Prize, which awards excellence in Mexican film. The stunningly attractive shorts jury, which included -- ahem -- me, selected Myna Joseph's Man as our overall winner. Man is a dark and touching portrait of the innocence lost in teenage sexuality. We gave honorable mentions to the beautifully acted tale of suburban infidelity The Fence, to the pretty amazing Hurricane Katrina meditation Glory at Sea, to the funny and creative Jerry Ruis, Shall We Do This?, and to -- my personal favorite -- The Sleuth Incident, a gorgeously shot tale of a teddy bear who goes on an adventure that ends in bloodshed. It can be hard to locate short films, and I'm guilty of not having sought them out much in the past, but all of these are well worth hunting down. Salute your shorts!
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Green Lantern' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' Behind-the-Scenes Fun - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Was Almost a Racy TV Series - POPSUGAR
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con - HitFix
- 35 Times Ron Burgundy Made You Crack Up - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!