I'm back home in Los Angeles, and if I accomplished nothing else with these CineVegas reports, I hope I convinced some of you to hit the fest next year. I mean, they have after-parties at strip clubs, for crying out loud! Oh, and the movies are good, too. Check out the website here, the festival will definitely return next year and if you're feeling super-spontaneous, you could even fly out for the last few nights of CineVegas 2008. They've got some major events planned for the rest of the week, including tributes to Viggo Mortensen, Rosario Dawson, Don Cheadle, and character actor extraordinaire Sam Rockwell (bummed that I had to leave before the screening of his new one, Choke). They're also giving a lifetime achievement award to Anjelica Huston and something called a "Vegas Icon" award to James Cann. Wish I could have stayed for all the fun, but I've got some detoxing to do and I may need surgery to fix the mangled hook that is my video poker finger!
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!