Brave New World is a great novel, and it's a shame that it mostly plays second-fiddle to Orwell's 1984 in the false-utopia pantheon. It's actually very different from Orwell's towering vision, cautioning not against authoritarianism and government oppression run amok, but against a culture that consumes itself in the pursuit of eternal, mindless, carefree happiness. It's not as literally dark as Scott's futuristic Blade Runner -- done right, Brave New World shouldn't really be an effects extravaganza -- but it's at least as bleak. If this is indeed what Scott has in mind, it's exciting news, and overdue: I haven't seen the 1998 Peter Gallagher TV-movie attempt at an adaptation but, uh, neither has anyone else.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Green Lantern' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' Behind-the-Scenes Fun - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Was Almost a Racy TV Series - POPSUGAR
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con - HitFix
- 35 Times Ron Burgundy Made You Crack Up - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!