Brave New World is a great novel, and it's a shame that it mostly plays second-fiddle to Orwell's 1984 in the false-utopia pantheon. It's actually very different from Orwell's towering vision, cautioning not against authoritarianism and government oppression run amok, but against a culture that consumes itself in the pursuit of eternal, mindless, carefree happiness. It's not as literally dark as Scott's futuristic Blade Runner -- done right, Brave New World shouldn't really be an effects extravaganza -- but it's at least as bleak. If this is indeed what Scott has in mind, it's exciting news, and overdue: I haven't seen the 1998 Peter Gallagher TV-movie attempt at an adaptation but, uh, neither has anyone else.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!