I forfeit all claims of objectivity regarding Ruben's The Good Son -- the Bad Seed rip-off with Macauley Culkin -- which scared the hell out of me when I was 11 and fresh off Home Alone. But I was among the few who liked The Forgotten which, to my mind, played like a good X-Files episode. It was well-shot and surprisingly daring, taking some outlandish left turns along the way; few filmmakers would have had the guts to forge ahead with such an outlandishly direct conception of what an alien abduction would look like. And Return to Paradise is an extraordinary, though little-seen, morality play. Ruben has never had a box-office hit, but I'm glad he's still getting work. Even if Jack does sound awfully trite.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!