I forfeit all claims of objectivity regarding Ruben's The Good Son -- the Bad Seed rip-off with Macauley Culkin -- which scared the hell out of me when I was 11 and fresh off Home Alone. But I was among the few who liked The Forgotten which, to my mind, played like a good X-Files episode. It was well-shot and surprisingly daring, taking some outlandish left turns along the way; few filmmakers would have had the guts to forge ahead with such an outlandishly direct conception of what an alien abduction would look like. And Return to Paradise is an extraordinary, though little-seen, morality play. Ruben has never had a box-office hit, but I'm glad he's still getting work. Even if Jack does sound awfully trite.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!