Monahan is one of our smartest screenwriters; I loved The Departed, of course, but I also think Kingdom of Heaven is hugely underrated (the three-hour director's cut is basically a masterpiece). He has an obscene number of projects in the pipeline -- Ridley Scott's Body of Lies (which is almost done), a remake of the Korean serial killer hit The Chaser, Jurassic Park IV (at least according to the IMDb), and now this. As for the prospect of Monahan directing, well -- his screenplays to date have seemed to demonstrate a preternatural sense of the mechanics of a good movie, although Martin Scorsese and Ridley Scott are such masters of their craft that it's hard to say how much credit the writer should get for those films' ultimate awesomeness. But in any case, his work has been so ambitious and intelligent that I'm eager to see anything with his name in the credits.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!