Monahan is one of our smartest screenwriters; I loved The Departed, of course, but I also think Kingdom of Heaven is hugely underrated (the three-hour director's cut is basically a masterpiece). He has an obscene number of projects in the pipeline -- Ridley Scott's Body of Lies (which is almost done), a remake of the Korean serial killer hit The Chaser, Jurassic Park IV (at least according to the IMDb), and now this. As for the prospect of Monahan directing, well -- his screenplays to date have seemed to demonstrate a preternatural sense of the mechanics of a good movie, although Martin Scorsese and Ridley Scott are such masters of their craft that it's hard to say how much credit the writer should get for those films' ultimate awesomeness. But in any case, his work has been so ambitious and intelligent that I'm eager to see anything with his name in the credits.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!