Monahan is one of our smartest screenwriters; I loved The Departed, of course, but I also think Kingdom of Heaven is hugely underrated (the three-hour director's cut is basically a masterpiece). He has an obscene number of projects in the pipeline -- Ridley Scott's Body of Lies (which is almost done), a remake of the Korean serial killer hit The Chaser, Jurassic Park IV (at least according to the IMDb), and now this. As for the prospect of Monahan directing, well -- his screenplays to date have seemed to demonstrate a preternatural sense of the mechanics of a good movie, although Martin Scorsese and Ridley Scott are such masters of their craft that it's hard to say how much credit the writer should get for those films' ultimate awesomeness. But in any case, his work has been so ambitious and intelligent that I'm eager to see anything with his name in the credits.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!