Monahan is one of our smartest screenwriters; I loved The Departed, of course, but I also think Kingdom of Heaven is hugely underrated (the three-hour director's cut is basically a masterpiece). He has an obscene number of projects in the pipeline -- Ridley Scott's Body of Lies (which is almost done), a remake of the Korean serial killer hit The Chaser, Jurassic Park IV (at least according to the IMDb), and now this. As for the prospect of Monahan directing, well -- his screenplays to date have seemed to demonstrate a preternatural sense of the mechanics of a good movie, although Martin Scorsese and Ridley Scott are such masters of their craft that it's hard to say how much credit the writer should get for those films' ultimate awesomeness. But in any case, his work has been so ambitious and intelligent that I'm eager to see anything with his name in the credits.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!