The article puts a strange amount of emphasis on reality television -- The Running Man and The Truman Show both made the list thanks to their prediction of a culture obsessed with voyeurism and sensationalist "real-life" entertainment. But it's still a great read, often with a delightfully wry sense of humor. (For Soylent Green: "Hits: climate change; Misses: industrial cannibalism." Misses, indeed.) Be sure to take a look at their take on Minority Report, which has some great insights into changing computer interfaces (though I have to insist that swinging your arms around to use a computer would get tiring very quickly). Moreover, I can't think of many films they missed. Maybe I'd add the Terminator series for its Sky Net concept, even if an actual cyborg revolution is, I hope, still a ways off. Anything else? They did leave off Planet of the Apes...
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!