The article puts a strange amount of emphasis on reality television -- The Running Man and The Truman Show both made the list thanks to their prediction of a culture obsessed with voyeurism and sensationalist "real-life" entertainment. But it's still a great read, often with a delightfully wry sense of humor. (For Soylent Green: "Hits: climate change; Misses: industrial cannibalism." Misses, indeed.) Be sure to take a look at their take on Minority Report, which has some great insights into changing computer interfaces (though I have to insist that swinging your arms around to use a computer would get tiring very quickly). Moreover, I can't think of many films they missed. Maybe I'd add the Terminator series for its Sky Net concept, even if an actual cyborg revolution is, I hope, still a ways off. Anything else? They did leave off Planet of the Apes...
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!