O'Keefe and Staples are relatively new to the screen writing game. Back in 2006, the two had been tapped to write a feature version of the graffiti video game Getting Up. Considering O'Keefe's experience with writing video games, this would have been a perfect fit. Unfortunately, Getting Up hasn't been heard from since -- which is probably for the best. The duo's bad luck continued when they were hired to write Renny Harlin's The Northmen and Roland Emmerich's The Murder of King Tut, and both of those films have yet to materialize. In fact, the projects seemed to have disappeared altogether. So for O'Keefe and Staples' sake, I hope that this time Universal lets these two make an honest to goodness movie. If not, I guess they can always go back to video games.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!