O'Keefe and Staples are relatively new to the screen writing game. Back in 2006, the two had been tapped to write a feature version of the graffiti video game Getting Up. Considering O'Keefe's experience with writing video games, this would have been a perfect fit. Unfortunately, Getting Up hasn't been heard from since -- which is probably for the best. The duo's bad luck continued when they were hired to write Renny Harlin's The Northmen and Roland Emmerich's The Murder of King Tut, and both of those films have yet to materialize. In fact, the projects seemed to have disappeared altogether. So for O'Keefe and Staples' sake, I hope that this time Universal lets these two make an honest to goodness movie. If not, I guess they can always go back to video games.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!