Well, for those of you out there who are fans of Jason Statham's Transporter franchise, I've got some good news for you: Variety reports that Statham has signed to star in a third installment! He will reprise his role as the butt-whooping mercenary driver/delivery man Frank. The film will be produced by EuropaCorp, who were behind the first two flicks. However, there have been some personnel changes for the film; the previous director for the last two films, Louis Leterrier, has been replaced by Hitman's 2nd Unit director, Olivier Megaton -- which might not exactly be a step up if you consider the reviews for that particular cinematic gem. Joining Statham in the cast is Prison Break's Robert Knepper, who judging by some of his creepy performances will probably star as the bad guy in this scenario.
The first two films in the franchise were written by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen, but the two have not been confirmed to pen the new script. Just like for the first two films, Besson will not be pulling any directing duties, but will be involved as a 'hands-on' producer. There is no word yet on the story, but I'm sure that Besson is keeping in mind that the franchise has a running box-office total of $130 million, so it shouldn't take long to put one together. Transporter 3 will shoot for 16 weeks on location in Russia and France starting sometime in March or April. There is no release date so far, but let's be honest, we aren't dealing with Citizen Kane here so it shouldn't take long before Transporter 3 hits theaters.
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Is There Too Much TV to Watch? - Vulture
- The Controversial Tweets About 'American Sniper' - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'Gone Girl' - ScreenJunkies
- Tarantino Starts Shooting 'Hateful Eight' - ScreenCrush
- This Matthew McConaughey 'Dazed and Confused' Audition Is Amazing - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- What's Leaving Netflix in February - POPSUGAR
- A$AP Rocky Heads to the Big Screen - Vulture
- 20 Things About James Bond Movies You Might Not Have Known - ScreenCrush