Now Benten Films is venturing into foreign films with their latest acquisition for American DVD distribution: The Free Will (aka Der Freie Wille). The German film premiered in 2006 at Berlinale, where it won the Silver Bear award for outstanding artistic contribution. In addition, actor Jurgen Vogel won awards at Tribeca and the Chicago International Film Festival for his performance as Theo, who is released from a psychiatric detention unit nine years after committing sexual assault crimes, and who has to get reacquainted with the world around him. The drama is a whopping 163 minutes long, but at least on DVD you can make your own intermission. I haven't yet had the chance to see The Free Will, and look forward to the DVD's release date on June 24.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!