Now Benten Films is venturing into foreign films with their latest acquisition for American DVD distribution: The Free Will (aka Der Freie Wille). The German film premiered in 2006 at Berlinale, where it won the Silver Bear award for outstanding artistic contribution. In addition, actor Jurgen Vogel won awards at Tribeca and the Chicago International Film Festival for his performance as Theo, who is released from a psychiatric detention unit nine years after committing sexual assault crimes, and who has to get reacquainted with the world around him. The drama is a whopping 163 minutes long, but at least on DVD you can make your own intermission. I haven't yet had the chance to see The Free Will, and look forward to the DVD's release date on June 24.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!