- First up, there's Love Ranch, the film we've been telling you about that focuses on the first legal brothel in Nevada. After the initial casting of Joe Pesci and Helen Mirren, the roster has slowly grown, adding likes of people from Bai Ling to Bryan Cranston. Now The Hollywood Reporter says that sex-goddess Gina Gershon is also spending some time at the Love Ranch. She will play, not surprisingly, a veteran at the brothel, working alongside a newcomer played by Scout Taylor-Compton. But the real story is in a "dangerous love triangle" with Pesci, Mirren, and Sergio Peris-Mencheta, who plays a South American boxer. Cranston (playing a senator) somehow gets "entangled in their sordid affairs."
- Meanwhile, THR also reports that the cast for Chess, the dueling Leonard Chess biopic, is slowly coming together. Aside from Alessandro Nivola, whose casting I told you about earlier this month, there's also David Oyelowo and Jon Abrahams. While Jeffrey Wright is playing Muddy Waters in Cadillac Records, Oyelowo will tackle the icon in this production. He hasn't built up the same cred yet, but he certainly isn't a shoddy casting move -- aside from The Last King of Scotland, Oyelowo is known for being the first black actor to play an English monarch for the Royal Shakespeare Company (he played Henry VI). Jon Abrahams, well, you might not know his name (I didn't recognize it) but there's a good chance you're familiar with him -- Kids, Boiler Room, Meet the Parents, Boston Public, House of Wax, or any of his other roles. He will play Chess' younger brother Phil, "who worries when Leonard becomes involved with a singer who has been signed to their label." I'm still more intrigued by the other film in the works, but again, I think a lot will bank on Etta James and the rest of the casting.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!