I'm apparently not the only one thinking of revisiting The Crow, though others seem to have different reasons for looking back. According to actor Jason Statham, who talked about available comic book roles with IESB.net, there's talk in Hollywood of a remake. The action star seemed to say that if he was offered the part of Eric Draven (aka The Crow), then he would be quick to grab it (the actual quote: "So if that one comes my way, bang!"). He also mentioned taking a meeting to play Namor (aka Sub-Mariner), but wasn't so keen on wearing the green Speedo and ankle wings. He also expressed a desire to play the Hulk, though he points out that he's glad Edward Norton, his Italian Job co-star, is doing that one (The Incredible Hulk is being helmed by Louis Leterrier, Statham's director on the first two Transporter movies, by the way). But despite continuing on with three franchises with Crank 2: High Voltage, Transporter 3 and The Brazilian Job, the actor hopes he'll be able to one day snag a comic book part. Should it be The Crow? Or should there be a remake of The Crow (or new adaptation of James O'Barr's comics) at all?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- Jon Snow with Short Hair - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!