- Before Totally F***ed Up or The Doom Generation, Gregg Araki filmed The Living End. The 1992 film followed a gay hustler and a movie critic, both with HIV, who head out on a dangerous journey with the motto: "F*** the world." Over 15 years later, indieWIRE reports that Strand Releasing and Fortissimo Films have teamed up to bring together The Living End: Remixed and Remastered. The film screened on Friday at Sundance, and will be screened again at Berlinale. Since the DVD has pretty much disappeared since its release in 2002, I imagine that this new remastered copy will soon hit those shiny little discs -- hopefully with some tasty special features to boot.
- Back in April, I told you about Finnish band Lordi's upcoming monster movie called Dark Floors. Set in a hospital, the masked band members play monsters who stalk the film's heroes. Now Variety reports that their English-language flick is getting its world premiere February 6, at the Energia Areena in Oulu, before hitting Finnish screens on February 8. On these shores -- well, you'll have to wait and see what happens at Berlin, where the movie will be shopped around. In the meantime, you can check out the trailer through last month's Trailer Park.
- Finally, Vertigo Films has been busy buying up a couple of features. First, Variety reports that they've signed on for writer/director Rupert Wyatt's film The Trail, which will shoot this spring in New Mexico. There's no word on what the film is about, but there's a ton of coverage on Polish sites that I (unfortunately) can't read, so I'm wondering if that's a sign. Beyond this mysterious, new, $10 million movie, there's also Wyatt's directorial debut, The Escapist, which Vertigo also picked up. (The world premiere was yesterday at Sundance.)
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!