I might not be the biggest G.I. Joe fan out there, but even I am starting to question some of the casting decisions for Paramount's big-screen adaptation. Variety reports that Marlon Wayans of White Chicks fame has signed to play Ripcord in their feature film based on the classic cartoon (nothing against the guy, he was great in Requiem for a Dream, but then again he did star in Little Man). For those of you out there who aren't all that familiar with "the *
Greatest American Hero", Ripcord was one of the good guys and was the leader of a paramilitary group. He made his first appearance back in 1985 and was thought of as the "new wave" of recruits after the first round of 'Joes' retired. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also said to be in negotiations to co-star, though his character is not named.
Mummy director Stephen Sommers will helm the script written by Stuart Beattie. The update of the story now has it set 10 years in the future and the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity (G.I.J.O.E.) are still saving humanity from an arms dealer. News of Wayans joining the cast came just a few weeks after it was announced that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (LOST) and Said Taghmaoui (The Kite Runner) would be joining Sienna Miller and Ray Park in the cast as 'Heavy Duty' and 'Breaker'. So for fans who might be keeping track, so far making appearances in the film will be; Ripcord, Heavy Duty, Breaker, with the possibility of Scarlett and Storm Shadow also popping up. Shooting is set to begin in Los Angeles this February and G.I. Joe is scheduled for release on August 7th, 2008.
- 30 Spooky Movie Couples - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ludicrous Villains That Were Terrible Horror Monsters - HitFix
- Benedict Cumberbatch Will Star in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- Neil Patrick Harris Will Have a Variety Show - Vulture
- These Actors Were Almost Cast in 'The Hunger Games' - POPSUGAR
- Vulture's Most Valuable Stars of 2014 - Vulture
- 15 Pop-Culture Costumes That Take Very Little Effort - POPSUGAR
- 15 New Details About 'Interstellar' - Vulture
- Best Horror Movies Ever - Rotten Tomatoes