I might not be the biggest G.I. Joe fan out there, but even I am starting to question some of the casting decisions for Paramount's big-screen adaptation. Variety reports that Marlon Wayans of White Chicks fame has signed to play Ripcord in their feature film based on the classic cartoon (nothing against the guy, he was great in Requiem for a Dream, but then again he did star in Little Man). For those of you out there who aren't all that familiar with "the *
Greatest American Hero", Ripcord was one of the good guys and was the leader of a paramilitary group. He made his first appearance back in 1985 and was thought of as the "new wave" of recruits after the first round of 'Joes' retired. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also said to be in negotiations to co-star, though his character is not named.
Mummy director Stephen Sommers will helm the script written by Stuart Beattie. The update of the story now has it set 10 years in the future and the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity (G.I.J.O.E.) are still saving humanity from an arms dealer. News of Wayans joining the cast came just a few weeks after it was announced that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (LOST) and Said Taghmaoui (The Kite Runner) would be joining Sienna Miller and Ray Park in the cast as 'Heavy Duty' and 'Breaker'. So for fans who might be keeping track, so far making appearances in the film will be; Ripcord, Heavy Duty, Breaker, with the possibility of Scarlett and Storm Shadow also popping up. Shooting is set to begin in Los Angeles this February and G.I. Joe is scheduled for release on August 7th, 2008.
- Cinderella's Dazzling Pictures Will Take Your Breath Away - POPSUGAR
- Netflix and Judd Apatow Are Making a New Pee-wee Herman Movie - Vulture
- Lady Gaga's 'Sound of Music' Tribute Made the Oscars Worth Watching - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailers: 'Dumb and Dumber To' - ScreenJunkies
- 11 'This Is Spinal Tap' Facts - ScreenCrush
- Christina Aguilera's Britney Spears Impression Is Perfect - POPSUGAR
- Behind-the-Scenes Oscar-Party Timeline - Vulture
- 40 Books Becoming Movies in 2015 - POPSUGAR
- The Best 'Parks and Recreation' Drinking Moments - Vulture
- Here's an Amazing Dark and Gritty 'Power Rangers' Reboot - ScreenCrush