The Hollywood Reporter has posted that Happyness will get its shot with a January release. Titled "Happiness Knocks at the Door" there, since that "y" spelling doesn't really translate internationally, the film will hit 350-380 Chinese screens on January 17, 2008. There was no further comment on why this film got an exception, but maybe it was due to the fact that it had already gone through the censor process. Now the Chinese theater owners are anxious to see the blackout broken again, and hope that other imports will soon become allowed. Whether more films will follow remains to be seen. But Merry Christmas Will Smith, your Legend can continue into China with a little Happyness!
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!