Straight off its two Golden Globe nominations, Cinematical is happy to announce that we have 10 pairs of tickets to give away for next Wednesday's (12/19) New York City Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story screening, followed by a live performance from the man himself, Dewey Cox, at The Knitting Factory! Watch the movie, dance your ass off and when it comes time to ship off to heaven, you'll be glad you at least got to see a live Dewey Cox performance during your lifetime. Brought to you by Cinematical and Gen Art Pulse, the Walk Hard screening will be held on December 19th (beginning at 7pm) at the Regal Battery Park cinemas, which is only a short hop, skip and a jump away from The Knitting Factory. On that day, you must be in or around the New York City area in order to attend, and you'll need to travel to each destination on your own dime. But c'mon, is it not worth it for this! We'll be giving away 10 pairs of tickets to 10 random commenters, so start commenting ... now!
In case you weren't aware, Walk Hard was nominated for two Golden Globe awards yesterday (for best actor and best song). Looks like those For Your Consideration ads certainly paid off. Here's what both John C. Reilly and Judd Apatow had to say following the nomination announcement:
"I am thrilled and honored that the HFPA has acknowledged the hard work of everyone who poured their hearts into Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. I look forward to celebrating our film and all the other great movies, comedic and dramatic, at this years Golden Globes. I am proud to carry the torch for Jake Kasdan, Judd Apatow, and Mike Andrews without whom I could not have pulled off this performance. Somewhere, Dewey Cox is smiling." -- John C. Reilly
"I'm very proud of John C. Reilly and even more proud of Dewey Cox. Dewey would have loved this if he wasn't dead." -- Judd Apatow
Here are some pics from Dewey's LA performance. Check out the Walk Hard trailer and the official rules for this contest after the jump.
1. To enter, please leave one comment stating why you and a friend would like to attend the advanced screening of Walk Hard, followed by the live Dewey Cox performance on Wednesday, December 19th at the Regal Battery Park in New York City and The Knitting Factory in New York City.
2. Please make sure you have an active and valid email address in the email field when leaving your comment.
You may only enter once.
3. Comments must be made no later than 5PM EST on Tuesday, December 18th.
4. Cinematical will randomly choose ten commenters, and tickets will be held under your name at the theater.
5. Winners will receive two tickets (valued at roughly $30 apiece) that admits them plus one guest to the screening and live performance for Walk Hard.
Click here for official rules.