I've got to say, I find this news incredibly disappointing. Now, why would I say that a free movie is a disappointment? Because I effing love the Jackass films! And the reason I love them so much is because they are an absolute blast to watch in the theater! You get a big, rowdy, preferably tipsy crowd together, you go on a Friday night, and you laugh your asses off. It's like Borat (which I would argue Jackass paved the way for). It's just not the same on the small screen, and it's best as a shared experience. Jackass 2.5 is only 64 minutes, which I guess could be part of the reason it's not hitting theaters. But...couldn't they just add fifteen more minutes of Jackassery on tape? I don't know, I'll watch the thing of course, but it's going to be mighty depressing sitting in front of my computer watching something that used to be an exhilarating, hilarious, disgusting highlight of my theatergoing year. Then again, there's always Jackass 3 (which will begin shooting early next year) to look forward to. What do you think?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!