The film focuses "on a black man named Richard Kelly (newcomer Cedric Sanders), who, after graduating from college and becoming successful in the corporate world, is falsely arrested in the 1965 Watts riots. Kelly faces racial prejudice from professors and students after his agreement to a plea bargain that involves spending two semesters at a seminary." Yes, a seminary... Is that a punishment that has ever actually happened? It sounds strange, yet intriguing. Holly is playing a professor at the seminary, one who is a closet drinker after she lost her husband and kids while working as a missionary in Africa, while Gossett is an "elderly ex-con who lives in the basement of Kelly's dorm and inspires him to conquer his demons." Criminal reform -- Jesus style. Just to top things off, there's William Devane, who is playing "the seminary president who recruits Kelly." I wonder if he recruits from jails like coaches recruit football players...
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!