What you may not be familiar with is the story of Calvi. He was an Italian banker (dubbed God's Banker by the press) and Mason who had close ties with the Vatican. His bank, Banco Ambrosiano, collapsed in a scandal during the '70s and '80s and has been steeped in controversy ever since -- especially once he was found hanging under London's Blackfriars Bridge. As for the film, it mixes all of this with the fictional story of "a young Wall Street trader, played by Lucas, who is really a Jesuit priest working undercover to gain experience of the financial markets. He becomes caught up in a shady political and financial conspiracy." The production has a solid $15 million backing it, and will start shooting next year in Montreal.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!