Which brings me to today's announcement. Variety reports that Jackson has signed to star in Man That Rocks the Cradle. The comedy "revolves around an overworked husband and father of four who decides the solution to all his problems is a live-in nanny." Jackson will naturally play the "manny," Marion Delacroix, a highly respected "kid whisperer" from down South. Josh Cagan wrote the script, which is based on a story by Cagan and Rob McKittrick (the decent comedy Waiting...). Don't get me wrong, Sam Jackson screaming and cussing at little children could be hilarious. But I have to suspect this is going to be a warmhearted family comedy that hits the exact same tired bases as Three Men and a Baby, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Pacifier, etc, etc. We shall see. Until then, you can see Jackson in...every third movie released.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!