- Norway is about to send some psychological horror our way, in the form of Cold Prey. The Hollywood Reporter has posted that Leomax Entertainment has picked up the North American rights to the film, and will give it a limited theatrical run before it hits DVD via Anchor Bay. The movie deals with a group of college friends who go snowboarding. When a storm hits, they take shelter in an abandoned ski lodge -- one that puts them face to face with an axe-wielding killer. According to SIFF, it's got all the basics -- sex, tension, and horror. Unlucky buggers. It's one thing to get chased by a psycho at summer camp, where at least you have good weather to soften the blow, it's another to have to deal with it in a winter storm.
- Over in the UK, news is brewing over story about racism in west London. The BBC reports that Bipasha Basu and Arshad Warsi, who were filming the just-released Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal in the area, said that a few white men in a car threw a bunch of racist insults at the Bollywood actors. Warsi says: "A car stopped with a couple of white guys. They just lashed out at us and totally gave us their point of view. It's the first time I've experienced this." How classy. Maybe the pair can go hang out with the jerks from Borat.
- Finally, the Thessaloniki International Film Festival just wrapped, and Variety reports that the main Golden Alexander prize (which is accompanied by a check for 37,000 Euros) went to Cai Shangjun's Chinese father-son drama called The Red Awn. The film is about a man who goes back to his hometown and is faced with one heck of a surprise -- he's officially dead. This award isn't a bad start for first-time director Shangjun, who got his start penning the films Spicy Love Soup, Shower, and Sunflower. Other Thessa winners include a jury award for PVC-1and a directorial award for Estonian director Veiko Ounpuu.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!