So what is Lumet's next project, and will it be a disappointment after the greatness of Devil? (a cynic never stops doubting). According to Variety, it's called Getting Out, and it involves a prison break. Written by Lumet himself (and not adapted from anything this time, either), the script deals with, "a man desperate to regain his freedom while entangled in deadly head games with his prison psychiatrist and the woman he desires." Honestly, it doesn't sound too exciting, or interesting. But then, I like Lumet's The Wiz, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me (don't worry, it's not one of my favorites, like Dog Day Afternoon, 12 Angry Men and especially Network all are). But who should you listen to? People like our own Jeff Anderson, an obvious Lumet fan, who called Devil one of, "the year's best American films," or do you listen to our own Ryan Stewart, who referred to Lumet as a "non-master" and called Devil, "a pointless and annoying timeline-pretzel ... only to arrive at a Greek tragedy climax that has a plot hole so large you could drive a Hummer through it." You can see why I've been hesitant and cynical, now, can't you?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!