If variety is a virtue, these should work well for the scribe. One is a drama called Eileen's Ice. It's about "an unorthodox nun who is ordered to take in a troubled teen under house arrest and learns that the two unlikely companions have more in common than she thinks." Will they spy on creepy, serial killing neighbors, perchance? But religion and marriages to God are only the tip of the iceberg. The second feature Castro has penned is called Cupcake, which is not only another notch on his writing belt -- it will also be his directorial debut. This film is just a wee bit different than the other -- it "follows a teen's quest to find the father he never knew with the help of a prostitute named Cupcake." How a teen befriends a prostitute, and how she in turn helps him find a long-lost father, well, I have no idea. There's no further word on these projects, but in the meantime you can check out August Rush, which opens tomorrow.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!