If variety is a virtue, these should work well for the scribe. One is a drama called Eileen's Ice. It's about "an unorthodox nun who is ordered to take in a troubled teen under house arrest and learns that the two unlikely companions have more in common than she thinks." Will they spy on creepy, serial killing neighbors, perchance? But religion and marriages to God are only the tip of the iceberg. The second feature Castro has penned is called Cupcake, which is not only another notch on his writing belt -- it will also be his directorial debut. This film is just a wee bit different than the other -- it "follows a teen's quest to find the father he never knew with the help of a prostitute named Cupcake." How a teen befriends a prostitute, and how she in turn helps him find a long-lost father, well, I have no idea. There's no further word on these projects, but in the meantime you can check out August Rush, which opens tomorrow.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Green Lantern' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' Behind-the-Scenes Fun - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Was Almost a Racy TV Series - POPSUGAR
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con - HitFix
- 35 Times Ron Burgundy Made You Crack Up - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!