Cinematical was just handed this exclusive look at the poster for The Great Debaters (click on the image for a larger version), starring, produced by and directed by Denzel Washington. The film, which also co-stars Forest Whitaker and a kid whose name is (no joke) Denzel Whitaker, is based on the true story of Melvin B. Tolson (Washington), a professor at Wiley College Texas who in 1935 inspired students to start up the school's first debate team. They would later go on to challenge Harvard in the national championship. The film marks only the second time Washington has stepped behind the camera; his directorial debut came in 2002 with Antwone Fisher. I actually met someone last night who wasn't a Denzel Washington fan. I looked at them sideways before replying: "Um, isn't it illegal in all 50 states to not like Denzel?" And I meant it too; I dig Denzel -- always have, always will -- and based on the film's trailer (which you can view below), The Great Debaters definitely looks like the feel-good film of the holiday season. You can check it out for yourself when the film arrives in theaters on Christmas Day.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!