This project is said to be in the tone of Ghostbusters, but it just sounds like The Greatest American Hero to me. The film "follows a high school teacher and armchair home repair enthusiast who unwittingly becomes a superhero." See? All you need to add make it a match are some aliens, a goofy suit, a sarcastic FBI man, and a classroom full of rebels that he's molding into good citizens. Since it's in the tone of Ghostbusters, however, I imagine it'll have much more bite and less real-life hero feel to it. And presumably much less painful-looking crashes. The script comes from Bill Birch, an actor who has had a ton of television stints on shows from The Young and the Restless to Sleeper Cell (he's also the pen behind The Pre-Astronauts). It's too early to decide much about the picture, but it looks like it could have promise.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!