This project is said to be in the tone of Ghostbusters, but it just sounds like The Greatest American Hero to me. The film "follows a high school teacher and armchair home repair enthusiast who unwittingly becomes a superhero." See? All you need to add make it a match are some aliens, a goofy suit, a sarcastic FBI man, and a classroom full of rebels that he's molding into good citizens. Since it's in the tone of Ghostbusters, however, I imagine it'll have much more bite and less real-life hero feel to it. And presumably much less painful-looking crashes. The script comes from Bill Birch, an actor who has had a ton of television stints on shows from The Young and the Restless to Sleeper Cell (he's also the pen behind The Pre-Astronauts). It's too early to decide much about the picture, but it looks like it could have promise.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!