Rourke, who was arrested last week for riding a Vespa while allegedly intoxicated, will now play Randy "The Ram" Robinson, "an over-the-hill grappler who returns to the ring for one last shot at glory." The actor has been on a upward slope lately in terms of Hollywood success, but for awhile it seemed we'd lost the actor who was so good in Diner, The Pope of Greenwich Village and Barfly. But will he carry The Wrestler? Reports from the IMDb message boards claim that Cage had actually been doing research backstage at a Ring of Honor show. Now that research has been wasted, but maybe Rourke will have time before the January 7 start date to do his own research, or at least find out from Cage what he observed. Also, if Aronofsky wants this movie to be as big as it could have been, he might want Cage to lend his face, a la Face/Off, to the less-bankable Rourke.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!