There's personal notes, fan mail from the likes of Judy Garland, Charlton Heston, Laurence Olivier, and Henry Fonda, receipts, stage dimensions, and records of some pretty funny stories. You see, people don't get in trouble with the law like they used to. These days, there's scary mugshots, racial slurs, and drunken craziness, but Kate, she knew how to handle a cop. Among the notes is her account of facing an Oklahoma state police officer: "She lambasted him for being a 'moron,' called him 'handsome in a dull sort of way,' and snapped that she was sorry she did not have a week to take off to deal with his complaint. Then she threatened that if she ever found an Oklahoma car in Connecticut 'I would flatten all the tyres.'" That lady had spunk. If you want to see the goodies for yourself, they'll go on display in February.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!