GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: ADULT WINNER
When a Stranger Calls (1979)
Nightmare on Elm Street Box Set
Dawn of the Dead -- Ultimate Edition (1979)
Scream -- Dimension Collectors Series
From Dusk til Dawn -- Dimension Collectors Series
The Thing -- Collectors Edition (1982)
The Exorcist -- The Complete Anthology
The Wicker Man -- Two Disc Special Edition(1975)
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: YOUTH WINNER (entrants under 18 years of age)
Monster House Widescreen Edition
The Monster Squad Two Disc 20th Anniversary Special Edition
Corpse Bride Widescreen Edition
Peanuts Holiday Collection
In the meantime, we know you wanna see how the competition is shaping up. We're seeing lots of creativity with the costume creations; the big movie sources this year are Transformers, 300, and Batman (well, the Joker anyhow) with several entries each! Slasher and Horror genres are, not surprisingly, well-represented as well.
Below you'll find four galleries full of costume entries to peruse, one for the kids and three for the adults. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE YET! This represents all of the complete entries we have received. If you know you entered and you do not see your entry here, please email me at kim (at) cinematical (dot) com to let me know so we can get you in there. Our staff will whittle these entries down to a slate of finalists for you to vote on. Of course, feel free to give a shout out in the comments to let us know which entrants you like and to give all of them a big round of virtual applause and group hugging.
If you're entering the contest in our last-minute chance to enter, you'll want to read all these important rules (after the jump) before you do so ... seriously, read them. And don't forget to send your release form with your entry!
- The contest opens today at 2 p.m. EST. All photos must be received by midnight EST on Wednesday, November 7, 2007. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered. We are not responsible for delays caused by technical difficulties, uncooperative costumes, slow mail servers, ghoulish weather, mistyped email addresses, etc.
- You must be a U.S. resident to win.
- Your picture must include you, the entrant, (or your child under the age of 13, if you are submitting a picture of your child's costume) wearing a costume inspired by a film, filmmaker, actor, director, etc. The photo must be your own photo and not the work of a professional shooter (i.e., please don't send us a photo taken by a paid Sears photographer).
- Costumes that are obscene or show nudity will NOT be entered into the contest. (These images will be passed around our offices, however.)
- Group entries are acceptable, but the entrant must affirm that (s)he has obtained permission from every person shown in the image. If a group is chosen as the winner, only one prize will be awarded to that group. The prize will be awarded to the person submitting the entry.
- Email digital photos in .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, or .PSP format to the following email address: contests AT cinematical DOT com, with the subject line "HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST." Please tell us who you are dressed as, in case we can't figure it out.
- Every entrant must download, sign, and send along with your photo a release form (Word version here; text version here). Any entry received without the release form will be disqualified. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, please complete the first portion of the release. If you are over 18 years old, please complete the second portion of the release. If you are under 13 years old, please ask your parents to submit your photo for you.
- You may submit multiple images of your costume, but we reserve the right to post only one image.
- All photos submitted become the property of Cinematical, and by submitting them you agree that we can use the photo for promotions.
- Cinematical staff will narrow the submissions to a field of 15 adult and 15 kid finalists based equally on creativity and originality. Cinematical's readers will then vote for their favorite costumes in both the adult category and the kid category.
- If your entry shows an adult and a kid (like last year's winner), your entry will be entered into the adult category.