The company has also signed a two-year production deal with Participant Films to produce meaty movies. Participant head Ricky Strauss says they're drawn to the actress' interest "in projects that entertain and empower," and Portman says: "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues." With such serious topics on the brain, I find it all too funny that she named her company after a compliment about her dog. So this company of hers is going to head up her directorial debut (without Participant), and she's looking to sign Naomi Foner to adapt Oz's memoir -- the writer of Running on Empty, and mom to Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal. As for what films she'll make with Participant, well, we'll have to wait and see.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!