The company has also signed a two-year production deal with Participant Films to produce meaty movies. Participant head Ricky Strauss says they're drawn to the actress' interest "in projects that entertain and empower," and Portman says: "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues." With such serious topics on the brain, I find it all too funny that she named her company after a compliment about her dog. So this company of hers is going to head up her directorial debut (without Participant), and she's looking to sign Naomi Foner to adapt Oz's memoir -- the writer of Running on Empty, and mom to Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal. As for what films she'll make with Participant, well, we'll have to wait and see.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!