Cinematical has just received the first of four behind-the-scenes clips from the upcoming film The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep. Based on the book by Dick King-Smith, the film takes us back to the 1930s where a young Scottish boy discovers a mysterious egg that has washed up on shore. Little does he know, but out of the egg comes a creature he names Crusoe, which just happens to look a whole lot like something we like to call the Loch Ness Monster. At first, the boy tries to hold onto Crusoe, raise it in a bathtub -- the whole nine -- but eventually the thing grows so large, there's only one place to put it: Loch Ness. In the video above, go behind the scenes with director Jay Russell, producer Charlie Lyons and those dazzling magicians over at WETA as they show what went into creating this amazing looking creature. This is the first of four videos we'll be showing you, so sit back and enjoy -- The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep stars Emily Watson, Alex Etel and David Morrissey, and it arrives in theaters this Christmas.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!