The Green Lantern character has been through several incarnations since his creation in 1940 by cartoonist Martin Nodell. Probably the best known (and presumably the subject of this movie) is Hal Jordan, greatest member of an intergalactic peace keeping force who use their power rings to bring justice to every corner of the universe. As originally drawn by Nodell, however, Green Lantern was a man named Alan Scott whose high collared cape and red pirate shirt contrasted with the green and black tights that became the standard when the Hal Jordan incarnation was introduced in 1959. Hal Jordan spent several years being dead (though he eventually got better) and was replaced by Kyle Rayner. Other Green Lanterns have included John Stewart (the ring wielder from Cartoon Network's Justice League series) and Guy Gardner who I best remember as a humorous lunatic from the Justice League comics of the 1980s. No word on casting or how this film will tie in with the hotly anticipated live action Justice League of America movie.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!