Topping off this better-sounding sundae, The Hollywood Reporter has posted that Gooding Jr. will star in the upcoming action thriller The Way of War, coming from the Fatwa team Scott Schafer (writer) and John Carter (director). Not too much is being said about the plot, other than producer Nick Thurlow noting: "John Carter and Scott Schafer have crafted a political thriller with deep resonance for our times." So basically, it's some sort of war movie, and maybe terrorists, oil, or something similar will be involved. Thurlow also discussed Cuba's casting, saying: "With his intensity and ability to take a character to the edge, the part is tailor-made for Cuba, and we're excited to have him aboard." That's not something we hear every day, but it's bringing me back to the good old days of Cuba, so I don't mind. Are we approaching the new wave of Cuba Gooding Jr.?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!