Topping off this better-sounding sundae, The Hollywood Reporter has posted that Gooding Jr. will star in the upcoming action thriller The Way of War, coming from the Fatwa team Scott Schafer (writer) and John Carter (director). Not too much is being said about the plot, other than producer Nick Thurlow noting: "John Carter and Scott Schafer have crafted a political thriller with deep resonance for our times." So basically, it's some sort of war movie, and maybe terrorists, oil, or something similar will be involved. Thurlow also discussed Cuba's casting, saying: "With his intensity and ability to take a character to the edge, the part is tailor-made for Cuba, and we're excited to have him aboard." That's not something we hear every day, but it's bringing me back to the good old days of Cuba, so I don't mind. Are we approaching the new wave of Cuba Gooding Jr.?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!