- Brett Granstaff, who has appeared in films like Deserted and States of Grace, and looks ridiculously familiar although I've never seen his movies, has got himself a role in that Al Pacino/Robert De Niro flick, Righteous Kill. It's not too shabby for the new actor, since he's already finished The Deal with the likes of Meg Ryan, William H. Macy, and Jason Ritter. The dude has gone from no-buzz to high-buzz flicks, so I'm sure we'll be seeing much more of him in the future. For now, you can just stare at the pic to the right.
- The following news amuses me. Just last week, I found myself in need of entertainment and was saved by a very friendly Aussie woman who let me watch some of her CSI: Miami episodes -- for amusement, of course. It was this uber-ridiculous, yet almost-funny episode called Triple Threat that you'd have to see to believe. Now word has it that Colin Ferguson, who co-starred in the episode, will star as an ex-NFL football player in an upcoming film called The Egg Factory. According to Yahoo, it's being directed by William Fruet, and is about a kid genius who is mourning the death of his dad. However, he "finds a new friend and champion in Cutter Hanson, his dad's estranged brother, a former NFL player." But that's not all -- the pair team up to "save a young girl from a group of murderous mobsters." You know, instead of those stuffed animal-loving mobsters. Man, Ferguson knows how to pick interesting, spastic premises.
- Ally Walker, who has spent time on television shows like The Profiler and Tell Me You Love Me, is going to star alongside Sanaa Lathan and Matthew Broderick in Wonderful World. That's the film I posted about earlier this month, which "centers on a depressed, divorced, and unemployed father who finds solace in his Senegalese roommate's sister." Variety says Walker will play Broderick's wife, but I assume that means "ex-wife." The awesome kid from Tideland, Jodelle Ferland, is also involved.
- Ah, Brian Bloom. I never watched his first acting stint, As the World Turns, but man, his face was always in those celebrity teen rags. This is some television spin-off news, so I'll just be brief. He's scored himself a recurring role in The Sarah Conner Chronicles. Will he be a man? A machine? Variety isn't saying; however, in the meantime, you can check him out in Smokin' Aces.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!