I'm really, really hoping they do something cool with this, because the idea is great. Adapted from a novel by Thomas Wheeler, Arcanum is set in 1919 and "follows Arthur Conan Doyle as he leads a secret society known as the Arcanum -- whose members include magician Harry Houdini, voodoo priestess Marie Laveau, and horror writer H.P. Lovecraft -- against a powerful supernatural force that threatens the world." Sure, it could very easily stink like League, which disappointed me greatly, but there's always a chance for this one to rise from the ashes of apprehension. And it can start with great casting. Personally, I'd like to see Robert Downey Jr. take on Houdini, and would be easy-going to the casting of the rest. But how about you? These are some pretty distinct people, so who do you think should play them?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!