I'm really, really hoping they do something cool with this, because the idea is great. Adapted from a novel by Thomas Wheeler, Arcanum is set in 1919 and "follows Arthur Conan Doyle as he leads a secret society known as the Arcanum -- whose members include magician Harry Houdini, voodoo priestess Marie Laveau, and horror writer H.P. Lovecraft -- against a powerful supernatural force that threatens the world." Sure, it could very easily stink like League, which disappointed me greatly, but there's always a chance for this one to rise from the ashes of apprehension. And it can start with great casting. Personally, I'd like to see Robert Downey Jr. take on Houdini, and would be easy-going to the casting of the rest. But how about you? These are some pretty distinct people, so who do you think should play them?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!