So what are you competing for? A spooktacular (yes, I really did just say that, sorry) prize package of horror DVDs hand-selected by our Cinematical staffers! This year, there will be two winners: one adult (18 years or older) and one kid (under 18 years old).
These fabulous prizes can be yours -- if you have the costume our readers think is the best! Here are the DVDs the lucky winners will be adding to their collections:
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: ADULT WINNER
When a Stranger Calls (1979)
Nightmare on Elm Street Box Set
Dawn of the Dead -- Ultimate Edition (1979)
Scream -- Dimension Collectors Series
From Dusk til Dawn -- Dimension Collectors Series
The Thing -- Collectors Edition (1982)
The Exorcist -- The Complete Anthology
The Wicker Man -- Two Disc Special Edition(1975)
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: YOUTH WINNER (entrants under 18 years of age)
Monster House Widescreen Edition
The Monster Squad Two Disc 20th Anniversary Special Edition
Corpse Bride Widescreen Edition
Peanuts Holiday Collection
This contest has some important rules. PLEASE read them carefully:
- The contest opens today at 2 p.m. EST. All photos must be received by midnight EST on Sunday, November 4, 2007. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered. We are not responsible for delays caused by technical difficulties, uncooperative costumes, slow mail servers, ghoulish weather, mistyped email addresses, etc.
- You must be a U.S. resident to win.
- Your picture must include you, the entrant, (or your child under the age of 13, if you are submitting a picture of your child's costume) wearing a costume inspired by a film, filmmaker, actor, director, etc. The photo must be your own photo and not the work of a professional shooter (i.e., please don't send us a photo taken by a paid Sears photographer).
- Costumes that are obscene or show nudity will NOT be entered into the contest. (These images will be passed around our offices, however.)
- Group entries are acceptable, but the entrant must affirm that (s)he has obtained permission from every person shown in the image. If a group is chosen as the winner, only one prize will be awarded to that group. The prize will be awarded to the person submitting the entry.
- Email digital photos in .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, or .PSP format to the following email address: contests AT cinematical DOT com, with the subject line "HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST." Please tell us who you are dressed as, in case we can't figure it out.
- Every entrant must download, sign, and send along with your photo a release form (Word version here; text version here). Any entry received without the release form will be disqualified. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, please complete the first portion of the release. If you are over 18 years old, please complete the second portion of the release. If you are under 13 years old, please ask your parents to submit your photo for you.
- You may submit multiple images of your costume, but we reserve the right to post only one image.
- All photos submitted become the property of Cinematical, and by submitting them you agree that we can use the photo for promotions.
- Cinematical staff will narrow the submissions to a field of 15 adult and 15 kid finalists based equally on creativity and originality. Cinematical's readers will then vote for their favorite costumes in both the adult category and the kid category.
- If your entry shows an adult and a kid (like last year's winner), your entry will be entered into the adult category.