- Canadian actress Lauren Lee Smith, who shocked audiences (including me) with some rather racy scenes with Eric Balfour's member in Lie to with Me, has been cast in the Ashley Judd-starring indie film, Helen. The film focuses on "a music professor and mother who suffers from a deep, debilitating depression. Her family tries to help her, but no one can relate to her pain other than a young female student who knows depression all too well." Since Variety says that Smith is the co-lead, I imagine she'll play the young student. In the meantime, she has a few projects coming our way soon, including Pathology with co-star and uberhero Milo Ventimiglia.
- Ashley Benson, who you might remember from 13 Going on 30, or from her work as Abby Deveraux on Days of Our Lives, or have spotted from her upcoming lead role in Bring It On: In It to Win It (yes, there's another!), has nabbed a role in Bart Got a Room. The comedy is about a nerdy high school senior named Bart (Steven Kaplan) who is looking for a prom date. Alia Shawkat (Maeby from Arrested Development) has already been cast as his friend, and now Benson is going to play a girl named Alice. Will she be the object of the geek's affection? Will Alia's character be jealous and in love? Will Bart try to give Alice diamond earrings? Only time will tell.
- Finally, there's a new role for Maggie Siff, who currently plays a lawyer in the just-out Michael Clayton. She's nabbed the part of Teresa Stowe in Paul McGuigan's upcoming science fiction feature Push, which centers on a bunch of people with telekinetic/clairvoyant abilities who are trying to hide from the US government overseas. Mel Gibson's production company got involved with the project last year, and then the cast started to come together in August, including names like Djimon Hounsou and Dakota Fanning. Production should be gearing up soon.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!