If this sounds like the typical creepy movie fare, producer Donald Zuckerman says otherwise: "The key points in this film -- the love of a family, Latino culture, spirituality -- are interpreted in a way we rarely ever see in the movies." Soref wrote the script with Tomas Romero (THR didn't specify which), and will produce with Zuckerman and Myriad Pictures as the feature sets up to shoot this January in New Mexico. This will be Soref's second directorial feature -- the first was an indie flick called The Seventh Coin in the '90s. While it's not too well known, it did boast a cast that included Peter O'Toole and John Rhys-Davies. Beyond that, he's been the head of a short film called Platinum Blonde in the '80s, and Weird Al's video, I Love Rocky Road. Coins, epic actors, Weird Al, and a short with Elizabeth Berkley? This guy knows how to traverse the seas of cinematic themes!
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!