When you consider the last poster release we got from I am Legend; at least you knew that it could only get better from there. Movies Online started off by hosting 4 different posters for the the big-screen version of Richard Matheson's 1954 classic. But here's the bad news: two of them were just some pretty convincing fakes. I can't say I'm too disappointed since they look like they are cast offs from the Bad Boys II marketing campaign. Luckily, Warner Bros has produced a brand new poster for the film (which you can see to the right, and click on for a larger version), and it's definitely a step up from the first one (it's still the same general idea, but it's just a teeny bit more stylish).
Legend centers on the lone survivor of a 'vampiric plague'. Immune to the disease, he struggles to find a cure before the infected survivors wipe him out. Directed by Constantine's Francis Lawrence, the script was written by Mark Protosevich (Poseidon). Protosevich has been devoted to the project, writing his first draft almost 10 years ago. After numerous drafts and casting upheavals, the production began filming on location in New York and was completed last spring.
There is still the release of a Legend comic book from DC Comics and Vertigo expected in November that will be the basis for some online animated featurettes. The comic was created by Protosevich, Bill Sienkiewicz, and Orson Scott Card. Even Matheson's son helped out on the project as a consultant. Not content with stopping at a comic book and a series of shorts, WB commissioned a Second Life I Am Legend-related MMO game. Up against all of that, a movie poster seems downright quaint. I am Legend will hit theaters on December 14th.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Most Badass 'Buffy' Moments - POPSUGAR
- Hidden Disney Characters - Mom.me
- The Most Epic 'Glee' Performances of All Time - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailers: 'Leprechaun' - ScreenJunkies
- 10 Amazing Movie-Themed Home Theaters - ScreenCrush
- That Time Shailene Woodley Movie-Dated All Her 'Insurgent' Costars - POPSUGAR
- Historical Celebrity Lookalikes - Mom.me
- HBO's Kurt Cobain Documentary Will Be Release in Theaters - POPSUGAR
- Which 'Taken' Knockoff Is the Best? - Vulture
- Child Stars: Where Are They Now - Mom.me