I've never been a boxing fan, nor do I care much for most boxing movies, so I can't offer too much excitement here. As a kid, Sugar Ray Leonard was just a guy who was heavily advertised on HBO while I was waiting for BMX Bandits or some other cable-TV staple of the '80s to come on. I also know that he's the person Sugar Ray named their band after. I didn't even understand as a kid why guys like Sugar Ray never fought guys like Mike Tyson, who was the only other boxer I'd heard of growing up. But despite my lack of sports knowledge, I do know Sugar Ray was a great boxer, being one of only two guys to win world championships in five different weight classes, and he had his ups and downs and went in and out of retirement a few times. I'm not sure of how dramatic his life will be on screen, but I guess he'll provide enough material for a by-the-books biopic at the very least. Now, if only Pollak can secure Sugar Ray to do the soundtrack.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!