Variety reports that Kevin Dillon, brother to Matt and co-star of Entourage, has been tapped to lead the film as "the bumbling Spartan general who fails upward in his quest for greatness." Spoofing the likes of 300, Troy, Gladiator, and Braveheart, 301 will give Dillon and Entourage fans the chance to see life mimic art -- his character had spent time on a period cult series called Viking Quest. Lampoon's Justin Kanew says: "Kevin is perfect for this role." So Dillon is perfect, but is this a perfectly wonderful idea, or a perfect waste of time? Films with "National Lampoon's" in the title have never been consistent, so we'll have to wait and see.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!