Variety reports that Kevin Dillon, brother to Matt and co-star of Entourage, has been tapped to lead the film as "the bumbling Spartan general who fails upward in his quest for greatness." Spoofing the likes of 300, Troy, Gladiator, and Braveheart, 301 will give Dillon and Entourage fans the chance to see life mimic art -- his character had spent time on a period cult series called Viking Quest. Lampoon's Justin Kanew says: "Kevin is perfect for this role." So Dillon is perfect, but is this a perfectly wonderful idea, or a perfect waste of time? Films with "National Lampoon's" in the title have never been consistent, so we'll have to wait and see.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!