Variety reports that Kevin Dillon, brother to Matt and co-star of Entourage, has been tapped to lead the film as "the bumbling Spartan general who fails upward in his quest for greatness." Spoofing the likes of 300, Troy, Gladiator, and Braveheart, 301 will give Dillon and Entourage fans the chance to see life mimic art -- his character had spent time on a period cult series called Viking Quest. Lampoon's Justin Kanew says: "Kevin is perfect for this role." So Dillon is perfect, but is this a perfectly wonderful idea, or a perfect waste of time? Films with "National Lampoon's" in the title have never been consistent, so we'll have to wait and see.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!