Variety reports that Kevin Dillon, brother to Matt and co-star of Entourage, has been tapped to lead the film as "the bumbling Spartan general who fails upward in his quest for greatness." Spoofing the likes of 300, Troy, Gladiator, and Braveheart, 301 will give Dillon and Entourage fans the chance to see life mimic art -- his character had spent time on a period cult series called Viking Quest. Lampoon's Justin Kanew says: "Kevin is perfect for this role." So Dillon is perfect, but is this a perfectly wonderful idea, or a perfect waste of time? Films with "National Lampoon's" in the title have never been consistent, so we'll have to wait and see.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!