This will reunite the actor and director, as Freeman starred in her 1998 film, Deep Impact, as the hole-making president trying to save a million Americans. This time around, the feature is a little more self-serving. Code, based on a script from Ted Humphrey, is about an old, "veteran thief who recruits a younger crook, played by Banderas, to help him pull off one final job in order to repay his debt to the Russian mob." Granted, Freeman's age isn't completely pigeon-holing him. I'm sure many an actor, especially those who get stuck in horror typecasting, wouldn't mind playing many different kinds of mentors and leaders. Not every man could jump from a stint as Lucius Fox to a tasty role as Nelson Mandela. As for Banderas, it should he a nice reminder that he can do more than fluffy dance films or kid flicks. Production begins this month in Bulgaria.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!