In The Soloist, Keener will play the wife of Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez, who we previously learned will be played by fellow Oscar nominee Robert Downey, Jr. The true story follows Lopez as he discovers Nathaniel Ayers (Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx), a homeless, schizophrenic musician with aspirations of playing at L.A.'s Disney Hall. To me, the plot sounds like an adaptation of that old joke about how to get to Carnegie Hall (practice!), but I assume Lopez's collection of articles, "From Skid Row to Disney Hall" are not so comic. However, wih such a talented team -- including Oscar nominated screenwriter Susannah Grant (Erin Brockovich) -- it will at least have to be entertaining.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!