In The Soloist, Keener will play the wife of Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez, who we previously learned will be played by fellow Oscar nominee Robert Downey, Jr. The true story follows Lopez as he discovers Nathaniel Ayers (Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx), a homeless, schizophrenic musician with aspirations of playing at L.A.'s Disney Hall. To me, the plot sounds like an adaptation of that old joke about how to get to Carnegie Hall (practice!), but I assume Lopez's collection of articles, "From Skid Row to Disney Hall" are not so comic. However, wih such a talented team -- including Oscar nominated screenwriter Susannah Grant (Erin Brockovich) -- it will at least have to be entertaining.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!