The dispute between the filmmakers dates back three decades. Morris had told Herzog that he was going to make a documentary about pet cemeteries. Werner didn't think he could do it, and told Morris that if he pulled it off, he would eat his own shoe. True to both their words, Errol made 1980's Gates of Heaven, and Herzog was left with a big meal of tasty shoe. To make good on his promise, Herzog did it at the premiere of the doc, boiling and eating his shoe, which later became Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe. That, apparently, angered Morris and the two have been at odds since. Will they talk about the feud? Will they remain civil? Or, will this become a live action celebrity death match?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- Jon Snow with Short Hair - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!