The dispute between the filmmakers dates back three decades. Morris had told Herzog that he was going to make a documentary about pet cemeteries. Werner didn't think he could do it, and told Morris that if he pulled it off, he would eat his own shoe. True to both their words, Errol made 1980's Gates of Heaven, and Herzog was left with a big meal of tasty shoe. To make good on his promise, Herzog did it at the premiere of the doc, boiling and eating his shoe, which later became Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe. That, apparently, angered Morris and the two have been at odds since. Will they talk about the feud? Will they remain civil? Or, will this become a live action celebrity death match?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!