I, for one, am dying to find out. Way back in the beginning of 2006, Karina Longworth reviewed it and said: "It's a bold first effort, with a distinct, swaggering sense of style and humor that's hard – even for a cynical blogger sick to death of indie 'quirk' – to resist." Sounds good to me! The flick also had a controversial ad campaign to elicit buzz and anger, while appealing to the darker more cult-driven movie fans. Topping all that off, it's even got a following already, according to Courtney Solomon, the head of After Dark films. While it's going into limited release on October 19, he says: "People do actually quote the lines, and it's gotten such an underground following just from doing the festival circuit." Maybe, just maybe, this is the next big thing. But either way -- people have to stop comparing these sorts of films to Heathers -- they never live up to it and just make expectations way too high.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!