The original Fright Night starred Chris Sarandon (ex-husband to Susan), Roddy McDowall, and William Ragsdale. The story centered on a teen (Ragsdale) who is convinced that his new next door neighbor is a vampire (and this is a horror after all, so you know he's right). With the help of his best friend, girlfriend, and a late-night B-movie show host, they battle the bloodsucker, while, of course, leaving room for a sequel. A sequel did occur; three years later McDowall and Ragsdale returned for Fright Night 2, and while it wasn't a total embarrassment, it never quite managed to live up to the original. But that didn't stop the franchise from creating comic books and novelizations that kept the story going. There is no official word on the remake, but Shock did report that they will "take Fright Night in a different direction. One involving an amusement park in some way" -- so maybe it won't be so much an update, as a 're-imagining' of the story. Somehow, this doesn't exactly put my mind at ease. How about you?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!